Reporting to the CEOs and the Vice President of External Affairs and Business Relations and working closely with the entire Be Relax team, the Business Development Coordinator is in charge of Be Relax expansion in North-America as well as globally. While being focused on driving revenue, the duties can extend to implementing or improving procedures for the organizational (re)structure of the Business Development Department. Wherever there is opportunity to affect positive change or influence on the key success factors of the business, the Business Developer may have a role.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Business Development – Pre-Award
- Identify growth opportunities for the group
- Stay acutely aware of the market trends and any dynamics in the travel retail industry, including participating in national and international fair trades.
- Analyse the contractual opportunity and determine unique strategies to win bids
- Develop and implement contract win and extension strategies, including proper positioning, local support, and identification of key success criteria
- Manage the preparation, writing and submission of quality proposals and other external documents for RFP’s, lease extensions and other competitive opportunities
- Participating in negotiating and finalizing contracts with minorities partners (Disadvantaged Business Enterprises), subtenant and client agreements, including internal approval of terms
- Develop and manage positive airports/landlords relationships and improve deal terms
- Coordinate the organization of Be Relax exhibition participation: negotiate budget, advertisement, sponsorship, plan logistic, schedule meetings etc.
- Prepare and respect the Business Development budget
Post Award – Pre-opening follow-up
- Ensure the successful opening of new locations with the operations team by maintaining effective relationships with support functions to ensure project & team success
- Gain internal and external approval and working directly with Design and Construction, provide periodic reporting on project costs and milestones
- Consolidate all financial and legal documents during construction process: follow-up on budgets, invoices, contracts…
- Participate in the approval and negotiation of project change orders
- Collaborate with members of the Be Relax team to ensure the ultimate guest experience at the store opening.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to update the Corporate Communication Calendar
- Be part of the Writing Committee of the internal newsletter
- Prepare non-profit and community sponsorships, lobbying events.
- Promote Be Relax Brand through awards nominations, contests participations…
|Graduated from a Top Business School (EDHEC, ESSEC, HEC, EM Lyon), you have a first successful international experience in retail. You are described as an open-minded and autonomous man/woman with an analytical mind and an independent critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
The job requires an exceptional relationship’s and time management skills, the ability to build and grow connections with a diversity of people and to have a kind of agility to navigate uncertainly and to be comfortable with ambiguity. However, you are also recognised as a highly organized and detail oriented person, with the ability to understand financial models and business plans and all at once with excellent interpersonal communication skills, reliable and accurate, committed, motivated and dynamic. All are assets to fully succeed in the position which requires to travel up to 30% of the time.